August 10, 2022Asked By: Tasteful635452
I found out my implant got infect with bone loss at 6 weeks of pregnancy. My surgeon said I need to remove the implant and at least do the bone graft. He told me not to wait because the infection looked bad already. Within 2 weeks after seeing him, the site got swollen and big. Ob wants me to wait until 2nd trimester (1 month from now). I don't know of that infection could wait. What is the risk of doing it now (removal and new bone graft)? Thanks
Although it would be necessary to perform clinical and radiographic examinations to get an accurate answer to analyze the degree of infection, we can tell you that having an active infection is risky and can lead to an emergency situation. It would be advisable in this case for your surgeon to call your obstetrician, so that together they can decide the best course of action in this particular situation. To treat the infection, it is necessary to remove the implant and perform a curettage of the infection. And after the second trimester, discuss the possibility of a bone graft. At Empower Your Smile, periodontist Dr. Bagga will guide you to the best treatment plan.